My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL for my google+ and youtube

R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R V
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I would wish to have a CUSTOM URL for my business' google+ page.

I have my account for about 2 months, and my business has been verified last week via the post-card-code. Also I already verified via phone, linked to my .com website which also got verified via webmaster-tools, and still I won't SEE the option to choose my custom URL.

Besides that, the name I want to use, is still free and is the same as my .com domain-name.

What more do I need to do? 

Yours, faithfully.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author R V
December 2015

Re: Custom URL for my google+ and youtube

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi RV,
Since your GMB page is verified it may just take some time. Also, maintaining activity, gaining at least 10 followers is another good practice. The vanity triggers off the domain name, so you should be fine and get the desired name.

For the help document on this, read here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603?hl=en
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
If you've verified the listing, eventually you should be given a custom URL. I've had the option to add one a week after the local verification and it's taken months with other profile.

When they do give you the option to add a custom URL, you can only choose from a few options - they give you the choices and you cannot change it once it's set. There are very few circumstances where they allow you to make a change to a custom URL.

If it's been a few months, I would call GMB support just to make sure you've done everything correctly.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author R V
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi RV,
Since your GMB page is verified it may just take some time. Also, maintaining activity, gaining at least 10 followers is another good practice. The vanity triggers off the domain name, so you should be fine and get the desired name.

For the help document on this, read here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603?hl=en
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO