My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL for Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I create a custom url for this local business page,https://plus.google.com/109669225160898700174? And if so, how?? 

The full business name is Indy Homes Team. Business address is 8555 N. River Road, Ste. 200, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Phone is 317-564-7222.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom URL for Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kristie S,

You can learn more about a custom URL here. Please keep in mind that they are only somewhat custom and you cannot pick your name precisely. It is still much better than all of those random numbers. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I have seen those instructions, but they don't seem to apply to Google Business pages. For example, there is not "Profile" link in the drop-down menu referenced in the first step.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kristie S,

You are welcome. Let's see...

Are you using the Classic G+ or the new interface? If you look in the lower left corner, you will see Back to Classic G+ if you are using the new interface. Click on that, then see if the instructions apply. Also, please make sure you have your Google page linked to your website and is verified. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

I have tried the steps suggested by the article in both google+ formats and there is no mechanism visible to make a custom url for a Business Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
If the option does not appear, there it suggests the Google My Business G+ page is not verified or properly linked to the website... and/or the right Google account is not being logged in (that is connected as the admin to the G+ page).

I manage many business pages and have a custom URL for them all.

Kind Regards,

James