My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL for Page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, can someone help me work out how I can pick my custom Google + url please?  My business 'Property Unity' is verified but I'm still using an ugly temporary link. The proposed Google + url link is 'google.com/+PropertyUnityCollingwood'.  This is because my business is currently situated in Collingwood but I will be moving from there soon.  Do I have other another option or can I modify the recommended url?

Cheers Katia

Property Unity

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/115312105829679244842/115312105829679244842/posts?_ga=1.37471072.13250...

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rick Z
July 2016

Re: Custom URL for Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rick Z,

You will have to use the proposed. You can not remove the Collingwood from it at this time. 

It might be better to wait until you move, update your page address, website, etc., and then allow the info to populate so it offers a new purposed URL with your new location in it. Custom URLs are more of a vanity thing and not really all that custom. They pretty much include your name and your city or community tagged in there. Please note that once you accept a purposed URL... it is quite difficult, if not impossible, to change it.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Custom URL for Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I thought as much but was hoping there was a way to get the main vanity URL without locality reference.
Regards Rick