My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Custom URL for Brand Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help - I am a google apps for business customer. I created a Business Page off of my account. I followed all instructions. I have 2 problems:

1) On my blog, http://BeachBroker.Miami, the theme I use in wordpress wants a "username" for the page (so clicking on the social media icon will go directly to my BeachBroker.Miami webpage.). I did find this name in settings, made use of it; and unfortunately it doesn't work.

2) I want to make my Google Plus Business Page more easily searchable so I wanted to shorten the URL. I would very much likehttp://www.google.com/+BeachBroker

Can you help me?

My company name is Metro International Realty PLLC.  Our DBA is Metro International Investments (hence the new URL mii.miami - my username, chris@mii.miami)

My telephone number is 1-800-798-9192 ext. 333 or 305-517-3086 ext. 333 or my cell phone - 305-878-2288

Google Plus URL:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111558377821753791338/111558377821753791338/posts

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom URL for Brand Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christopher L,

1) In order for the WordPress plugin to connect your social pages, it needs your login credentials, which should be your login info to your Google account. What plugin are you using? Jetpack? Nextend? 

2) Your G+ business page profile URL is not a domain name or customization to the degree you want. Your page will suggest a URL and then you have to add a few extra letters/numbers to it... and that is your only choice. They generally pull this from your business name and then add your location to it. Regardless of what your URL is, when someone searches for your business name on G+, they should find it. And if you link it to your website and other social media pages... it will surely get found. 

Note: Please do not add your email address to your posts, as it is not needed to provide help and only encourages spam to your email.

I hope this helps. Please let us know how things go.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Do I understand correctly that a user does not have an option to choose their own url?  I just want mine to be www.google.com/hireghana+ without a city or anything like that (it is a unique name after all)

is there a 'paying option ' for that?

Thank you,

Irene

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Nope @Irene Gloria A therekis nosuch paying optionand  customURLsfor brand pages  isn'tanyhow related anymrewith GMB

Brand pages are for an other  product  "G+"

Blocking this overaged thread for new replies now