My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Critter Control of Dallas

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company serves multiple regions. each with their own website, from one business address. How can I have each listing show up independently instead of each intertwined with 1 listing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Critter Control of Dallas

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you look at Google's Guidelines:

Service-area businesses—businesses that serve customers at their locations—should have one page for the central office or location and designate a service area from that point. Service-area businesses can't list a "virtual" office unless that office is staffed during business hours.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a service area business (meaning you see customers at their location, with no office for customers to visit in each region). If that's the case, then you are only entitled to one listing. To target other cities and geographic areas, you will need to rely on either organic search (getting pages on your site to rank for other keyword areas) or paid advertising. Unfortunately, Google My Business isn't really set up well for service area businesses with a regional service area covering many cities. 

Also, it's generally not a good idea to have separate websites for each area. One of the big ranking factors that Google looks at to decide where a given page deserves to rank, is how many other relevant, trustworthy sites link to that page, and how many link to that site as a whole. Having multiple sites multiplies the work you need to do to get each one showing well. The only reason it's ever worth giving up the benefits of having a single site, is if you have branding reasons to want to keep them separate. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.