My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating multiple location for same business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have just opened a new physical store with the same business name at a new location. Both will be working. How do I add the new location to the existing business without creating a new Google+ page?

Ashoka Furnishings

https://business.google.com/u/1/b/111363364758794263323/dashboard/l/03026959661075030110

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google local listings are discreet map entities not pages per se. If you want the location to be discoverable in Google search and on Maps it is necessary to add the additional location to the Google My Business center. 

Instructions here https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've already added one location to my business and my Business page is made. How do I add the additional new address. Claiming the business or location creates a new page

Re: Creating multiple location for same business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You add it just like you did the first one.

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Search for your business using its name and address.
    • Brands, organizations, or artists should follow these steps.
  3. If you see a dialog letting you know that someone else has verified the business, follow these steps.
  4. If you don’t see your business listed in the menu, click No, these are not my businesses or I’ve correctly entered the business. You’ll then be prompted to enter some details for your business. Make sure you enter an accurate, complete street address, and a phone number which reaches your business directly.
  5. Click Submit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did the claim business step. But it created a new page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did the claim business step. But it created a new page.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

A page where? A G+ page? You can just ignore it. The critical issue is that your business is listed in Maps and search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
True. But then the reviews, views, searches will all be divided which I
dont want.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Views, reviews and searches all occur on Google search and Google Maps. And by design they are location specific. There is NOTHING to be done about that. 

A big component of Local search is proximity to the searcher. IE how close is something to the searcher. If the locations were not delivered separately on the Map that wouldn't be possible. 

If you have a second location you can add it as a second location or you can wait for Google to find it and add it themselves. Regardless it will happen that way.