My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating an Admin Account from a regular Google Apps account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to switch my current business email from one hosting company to Google Email...I know to do this this is a whole process of verifying your business domain and transfer the MX files etc...My problem is that I have and USE Google Docs actively Google Docs with my colleagues...I already registered for this by using my business email address...Now I need to register (an Email address) as an Google Admin so that I can start the process of creating my colleagues email address account under Google Admin tool which will transfer over email hosting for all my colleagues over from my current Network Solutions account (which provide my email service now) to Google Email Hosting...How can I create another account (the Admin Acct) with my current email already registered with Google Docs?

There is no where in my current Google Account to "upgrade" to an Admin....what can I do?

Phil D

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: Creating an Admin Account from a regular Google Apps account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Phil D,

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you're having trouble with either Apps for Work , Docs, or a combination of the two. 

For Apps for Work, please check out their help forum or help center.

For Docs, I would recommend the Docs help forum or Drive help center.

Should you have any questions about Google My Business pages, please feel free to post them here, and our team of experts will be glad to assist. 

Thanks,
Liz

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Phil D,

Thanks for writing in! It sounds like you're having trouble with either Apps for Work , Docs, or a combination of the two. 

For Apps for Work, please check out their help forum or help center.

For Docs, I would recommend the Docs help forum or Drive help center.

Should you have any questions about Google My Business pages, please feel free to post them here, and our team of experts will be glad to assist. 

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you...I will re-post my question there...have a nice day.