My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Creating a Mybusiness Account using a Business without a home office

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a Google Mybusiness account for a business I help manage.  We have a domain, but not a home office.  I keep seeing the service area posts about just setting an area, but every time I try and start the process Google is asking for an address and can't find the name of the business.  What's the next step?

Re: Creating a Mybusiness Account using a Business without a home office

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Even if you're a service area business with a hidden address, you still need to give Google an address to mail a postcard to. Many business owners use their home address in that case. Keep in mind though, even though the address is hidden, it still plays into who will be more likely to see you. Customers within a few miles of your hidden address will be more likely to see you in the search results than someone across town, even if you say you service the whole city, so don't be surprised when you see things like that happen. 

If you're sure there's not already a listing for your business, just go to https://www.google.com/business/, do a search for your business name. When nothing shows, there should be a little link saying 'add this business'. Click it, enter in the business information. Add the address you want to get the postcard at, and set the settings so that you're a service area business. Wait a few weeks for the verification postcard, and then you'll be off and running. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.