My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Create new buisness (holding) for existing parts of the company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello people,

my company decided to take part in Google My Buisness, because we found that the names of some locations are wrong - we rebranded some parts of the company - and now the old company names are still on Google Maps.

When we create now the new "buisness" entry and add all of the locations, how does it look like on Google Maps? Are there then two location entries at the same spot?

Also when i am entering the name of the buisness ( in the creation menu of Google My Buisness) and type the name of the company, i get multiple existing company parts from us. Is it possible to incorporate them in the new created buisness then?

Thanks in advance! :)

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Create new buisness (holding) for existing parts of the company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sebastian L

You should not have duplicate buisnesses at the same location.

Either correct the name / branding on the current verified business page in your dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/

If you have not claimed the 2nd old listing on maps but have verified the other, then contact business support and ask them to Mark as Moved / Merge the unverified listing into the verified listing.

Without specifics I can only give you scenarios for each case.

How to Contact Google Business Support

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership