My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cover photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I can't seem to get a cover photo up for my business search page.

The site is verified, and I've tried different photos but still seem to come up with this same 'blank image' (pictured below)

google search.jpg

I'm sure there's a setting or something I've missed. Could you please help?

Info for my site as follows:-

http://www.countrystyleevents.com.au

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Country+Style+Events/@-46.1045741,137.7310685,4z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0...

6 Bowyers Road, Woodend North, Victoria  Australia

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cover photo

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

When I flag the photo, I get cb_client=unknown_client.imagery_viewer& in the viewer string.  This usually indicates a deleted or incomplete image still in Google's cache.  It should come down within a day or two.

Here is a link to flag the actual image - I've flagged it, but I've found page owners often get priority over the average visitor.

https://www.google.com/cbk?cb_client=unknown_client.imagery_viewer&output=report&image_key=!1e3!2s-p...

Cover photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Phillip.  

Yes, this is one of the photos I deleted.  I have added new photos to the album and have chosen one of those to be the new cover photo. It doesn't seem to load up.  I've tried different photos in that album and nothing seems to work.  I'm not sure what the problem could be.  ??

It also seems that when you click on the 'See more photos' (when googling the Country Style Events business page)  there is also the same deleted image symbol (dash line) among the photos.

google search.jpggoogle search1.jpg

Cheers,  -T.

Cover photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cover Photo is not showing up when reviewing the location on the SERP. I thought because it is called "cover" it shows up, regardless?

Cover photo

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Phillip, 

So when I add the cover page onto the Google+ page and to the Google My Business, the cover page should "stick?" Or better if I delete the Google+ page would the Cover page. It's just a bummer that Google Maps shows really old photos that have really nothing to do with the business services or products. I just feel that the photos that specified for cover page or logo should remain at the appropriate position. 

Cover photo

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I deal this this quite a bit.  No, just upload it to "Cover" - it appears automatically on your G+ page.  

Try delete all the existing photos you don't want in your GMB Photos (you will have some grey "missing" icons for a day or two) and then upload your desired photo at 1900px width, 1000px height as both your cover and a second time as just an interior image.  Give it at least two weeks.

Re: Cover photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is the same problem.All should be ok, but the cover photos will no longer show up on the map and search profile.So is the answer to sit and wait? 😜

Cover photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Fix found!

I tried the Google+ but there is no Cover just the main profile image, so I realized the initial proposed solution won't work.

Follow these steps:

1-Go to your Google Business Listing: https://business.google.com

2-Select 'Photos' in the left column

3-The first photo will mention "COVER" in the top left corner, click on it to edit

4-Change the photo (I used 1080 x 608 dimensions just in case)

5-Click 'Set Cover'

Next, refresh your SERP to see your new updated cover photo for your business.