My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Correctly set opening hours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up our opening times we are a restaurant that only serves dinners and bar service afterwards - from 6:30 pm to 1:00 am.

Whenever I do this, GMB goes nuts and shows this:

2017-05-22 17_17_21-The Crocodile Club Bar & Restaurant - Business Info.png

How can I fix this so our opening hours are shown correctly??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PLAYAS D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

These hours are telling me that you're open 7 days a week, 6:30 pm to 1am the following morning.

The midnight to 1am hour rolls over onto the next day. So Saturday's 6:30pm to 1am period includes both Saturday and Sunday.

Is that not what you want?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PLAYAS D
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

These hours are telling me that you're open 7 days a week, 6:30 pm to 1am the following morning.

The midnight to 1am hour rolls over onto the next day. So Saturday's 6:30pm to 1am period includes both Saturday and Sunday.

Is that not what you want?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for your reply. Thanks to it I think I understand how it works. It adds the period from 12:00am (midnight, which I confused with PM, midday) to 1:00am as if it was part of next day although for us is the same shift. Somehow I had the misconceived idea that it was stating that we were open at midday.

Sorry for the trouble,

Regards.

PDA

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Playas

No problem. I can easily see how the display could be confusing.  You did the right thing, ask and be sure!

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It doesn't work like that, because if you search for the business before midnight it will tell you that it is closing at midnight (even though it is set to 1am)

Re: Correctly set opening hours

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Charlie C

Can you share any screenshots of what you've experienced?  That may well be a glitch and I'd like to get that fixed if it is...

Find me on · · my blog