My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Consolidating two Google listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are two different listings showing in Google Search for this business. For example, my carefully updated listing is showing in Screenshot_1, and the listing with missing information that I did not create is shown in Screenshot_2. If you search "Forney Industries" Screenshot_2 is showing up. How can I fix this? If I try to claim the listing shown in Screenshot_2 (Own this business?), it asks me to create a new G+ page and go through the verification process all over again. I definitely don't want to do that; is there a way to alert Google that there is a secondary listing that should be deleted?

Screenshot_1.JPGScreenshot_1Screenshot_1.JPGScreenshot_1

Screenshot_2.JPGScreenshot_2Screenshot_2.JPGScreenshot_2

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James F
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've already changed the duplicates, per my earlier reply. This thread can be deleted or closed as I have found an alternative solution to my original question. Thank you.

Quote: [...it didn't seem to be an option to delete/hide/disable one of them, so I simply turned one into the corporate campus listing and one into the warehouse location listing instead of having a duplicate of the corporate campus listing. ...]

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm not sure waht you are trying to achieve.

ther are two different location in Fort Collins, CO at two different addrsses.

Both are verified.

3900 Canal Dr http://maps.google.com/?cid=13676504546926479137

2057 Vermont dr  http://maps.google.com/?cid=399074662512122296

Waht are you trying to consolidate?

Please elaborate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies, looks like my question got a little mangled!

Essentially, there's two duplicate listings for this business. I was looking to delete one of them or at least disable, hide etc. After further research, it didn't seem to be an option to delete/hide/disable one of them, so I simply turned one into the corporate campus listing and one into the warehouse location listing instead of having a duplicate of the corporate campus listing. I'm assuming Google Search will catch on soon enough to which is which. So, initial question was more or less solved.

My follow-up question is, what (if anything) can I do to tell Google that I'd like the corporate campus account to be the primary search result instead of the warehouse location?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

a "duplicate listings for this business" are per definition two or more listings for the same address of the business.

I did not found such duplicates.

The two listings I provided GMaps URLs are for different locations and addresses.

Accepted by topic author James F
December 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've already changed the duplicates, per my earlier reply. This thread can be deleted or closed as I have found an alternative solution to my original question. Thank you.

Quote: [...it didn't seem to be an option to delete/hide/disable one of them, so I simply turned one into the corporate campus listing and one into the warehouse location listing instead of having a duplicate of the corporate campus listing. ...]