My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Confusion over businesses and locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm confused about the role of locations vs. seperate businesses. Explain with example.

I registered google business for Business A and added (seperate domains, businesses & business areas) under this account as Business B, C & D.

For example:

Business A sells Cheese in New York

Business B sells Lighting in New York

Business C sells ships in New York

Now, I want someone typing in "Lighting in New York" to see my business, but at the moment, they see the title for Business A.

As I say, I have seperate domains and email accounts for each so I can create seperate google business accounts and just have one location per business account (email). Is that the way to do it? If so, how to I go about "claiming" business B from business A?

Is there no way to add multiple businesses under one email?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Confusion over businesses and locations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul G

Yes you can use 1 single account to own or manage the business pages. In fact it is much easier to manage, because you can keep an eye on all of them in your dashboard.

I am a bit concerned that your Cheese shop is appearing when someone searches lighting ? That should not be happening and if you provide URL I can take a look.

If you uses 1 account, this is what your dashboard will look like.  ( https://business.google.com/manage/  - Dashboard URL )

screenshot-business.google.com 2016-06-22 10-13-07.png

They can all be completely different businesses, locations or countries.

To add a new one, start here >> https://www.google.com/business/

And use the same account to log in.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership