My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about changes affecting profile pages and posting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hallo Community

So having just set up a new business page, I can't for the life of me work out how to see the page that you would usually link to an icon on a website.

For example: Existing business and page that I link to icon on corresponding website

https://plus.google.com/b/103372215109162840717/103372215109162840717

New business that I cannot find a profile page like the above for

1. A Step Beyond

2.62 Etherstone Avenue Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7JX

3.07941 852620

4.https://www.google.com/maps?cid=822115939486477945&hl=en-GB&_ga=2.80932887.1613916373.1500674225-199...

Old businesses I seem to be able to do the old style posts and the new style posts as well. 

If anyone can shed any light I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The two products are now separate your Google My Business page is showing the new version of posts they just released. The other link you posted is the Google Plus page and that has no effect on the business page. Hope this clears it up some.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @David W Cox so can I set up a google plus profile for the business as well as the GMB, and then post on both?

So which URL would I use to link up to a g+ icon on my website social links?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ryde executive cars coverings Henley in Arden 

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Sure you can have both a google plus page and Google My Business page and post both places. As a side note, You may want to add more pictures on you business page listing since it looks like you have some great ones.like the dogs on the beach. Google Plus is not gaining a lot of users. Google My business, in my opinion, is going to be changing and doing more so keep an eye on it as you have been doing. Add lots of local content to the site.

I would link back to your site to build traffic to it not to another property you do not own or control.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay that's interesting @David W Cox

"Add lots of local content to the site." To the website or to the GMB page?

"I would link back to your site to build traffic to it not to another property you do not own or control." Have I got a link wrong somewhere?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

No just a content suggestion going forward so you show up for more terms

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Sorry I was not clear. I would build more local content on your own site then secondly on social media sites since that is a web property you own who knows what can happen on the social side, It certainly is important.

There is no link wrong that I saw

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Understood! Thank you very much :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

David W Cox thank you for your email. I did reply but it got returned to me.