My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Confused about My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Chasles Plumbing Professionals

356 Hillcrest Road, Cambridge Ontario

www.chaslesplumbing.com

We have had a G+ page and My Business for some time now and we have been doing well. We added another business page and left if unverified and we deleted it. 

Our existing My Business page/account is still there, we have 38 reviews and all photos and posts remain, however our listing on the map says 'claim this business' now. We used to be number 1 on the map, now are 10th. 

Our business page when we log in to My Business reads at Verified. Why do I find this confusing? On top of that, sometimes I'll get a 404 error message when going to the page, sometimes not.

This url shows the page, then goes blank: https://plus.google.com/+Chaslesplumbing/posts/p/pub?gmbpt=true&hl=en

https://plus.google.com/+Chaslesplumbing

Do I just need to reverify the business? Why does it still have our reviews? Are our reviews part of G+ or My Business?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Confused about My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lee,
Maps shows two listings at your address:
Chasles Plumbing  - unverified, no reviews, and a shop

Chasles Plumbing of Cambridge, Kitchener & Waterloo - verified with reviews, and a plumber.

So when searching for just the plumbing, you get the shop. when you search for the plumbing professionals, you get the verified listing.

You can report the plumbing only listing as a duplicate and that should take care of the confusion.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Lee C

Please let me add my two cents to waht @MargaretO already told you:

I have to say your verified business page "Chasles Plumbing of Cambridge, Kitchener & Waterloo"  obviously violates their  Guidelines for representing your business on Google

It should be according your website just "Chasles Plumbing Professionals"

You are in the danger to get it taken down sometimes due to the naming violation.

Please consider it seriously

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was an ill-advised name change. I was formerly Chasles Plumbing Professionals. I've changed it back. thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It still appears as "Chasles Plumbing of Cambridge, Kitchener & Waterloo"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I removed that listing on Sunday. It was unverified. So now when I go to My Business it shows 'Accounts I own'. One is my gmail, the other is Chasles Plumbing - unverified. I only have one store listed in there, the other unverified store was removed.

So when I click manage that, it shows Chasles Plumbing Professionals as verified and published.

So my verified store is inside an unverified business? This is really the basis of my confusion.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see that. It must take time to update.... it's updated here in the admin console.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ahhh wait. I do see that the account I deleted on Sunday is still there under my Gmail account under accounts I manage. So funny the way they lay things out. So it's listed as a duplicate and it says it's 'not showing' because it's a duplicate. Yet you call can see that there is a duplicate.

When I again try to remove the duplicate (as I have done), it gives me the scary page that says We're Going to Delete this account.

I'm not sure if they accidentally used the word Account there or not. An account is like your entire Google account...I thought. I wasn't aware that my business listing was an Account..or is it?

I'm just trying to delete this listing or G+ page. Will I lose my Gmail account if i proceed with that step?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
the scary page that says "We're Going to Delete this account" refers to
the "virtual" account that Google is atacing to each page.
Don't worry and go ahead to delete this "virtual" account.
It will delete the page only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut thanks so much for your input. I deleted the duplicate account.

I made some changes today that brough about further confusion. I tried to delete a Brand page, it told me it had a youtube channel connected. I removed that youtube channel (nothing in it) and then removed the brand page. Got the scary screen again, but now things are messy. I have a google plus account of the business, but can't get to it when I click on my picture/my accounts - it doesn't show up. So the only way to get to it is go directly to http://google.com/+chaslesplumbing. All the reviews and posts are still there, but when i click on settings on that page I get a 500 server error from google.

I love this stuff so much. After being in tech for 20 years, I'm finally confused.