3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Configuring business for country and not for city

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello my friends, i´m trying to register a host service business www.lalunahost.com.br but i need to configure it in country and not just city, for exemple, Brazil, Spain and Portugal. and ther only give me the option of city, any ideas?.

Lalunahost.

Rua Aerodromo, 223 Guarulhos.

São Paulo, Brasil.

+55 (21) 98422-0722

www.lalunahost.com.br

Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Aguilera, 

If you look at the Google My Business Guidelines, it says the following:

Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are.

There's not option to set for the whole country, because that's not what Google My Business is for. If local customers can come visit you on location during stated business hours, you can create a listing for your office (Google for example, has a listing for the Googleplex in California) but if you only do business online through the website, you aren't entitled to a listing at all. Does that make sense? You'd be better off targeting your core audience through another marketing channel instead. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello James thank you for you reply, yes! but in my case i work online, and in the option i put i delivery ther services to the client, so google my business don´t show my location, got it? and becouse i work online i wanted to cover por land.

Thank you :)

Re: Configuring business for country and not for city

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes but what if you visit your clients site and its across the whole country? How do you set it then? Please let me know if you have an answer. Thanks

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

What kind of business? A lot of local businesses that serve the whole country (say, an industrial manufacturer of ball bearings) might still want a local business profile, in spite of the fact that most clients wouldn't find them/visit them that way. A local profile makes it much more likely that a knowledge panel will show (a brand knowledge panel basically requires that you're big enough to be worthy of a wikipedia entry) so it's worth it to set up a profile if just for those reasons. 

Even if you have a client like that though that serves the whole country, I'd still recommend setting the service radius to 40 miles or less. It's been a while since I've seen a giant service radius cause ranking issues, but better safe than sorry, you're likely not going to have your business profile appear for anyone outside your city anyway. You'll need to rely on other marketing channels to reach potential customers farther out. 

Experts in the Topic
james w