My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Completely Lost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help. I'm completely lost. I have 2 business which are verified but for which I've never been able to create an Adwords account for. (Although Google says I have - it keeps changing the email address to a GMAIL one when I try to go to it.)

I got a mail offering first time Adwords offer. I seemed to have to create it all again. I uploaded the existing locations (as it requested) and now I seem to have 2 sets of the same locations, one verified ( at https://business.google.com/manage/#/list), and the other not (at https://business.google.com/manage/?hl=en-GB&hl=en-GB&hl=en-GB#/acc/117275082208791225484/list). It still says I don't have an Adwords account associated with this account.

I've been trying to get Adwords going for over 10 years now. I need someone to check out what I actually have set up within the system, because I'm lost.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Completely Lost

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dalgety Bay H

Those two URL's are for your own dashboard and cannot be viewed.

Do you have the listing URL's or please provide the business and location, so I can find them.

1) Are both locations in the same account ?

2) If you go to AdWords and sign in ( https://www.google.com/adwords/ ) with the account details for the listings, what happens?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Completely Lost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim, Thanks for responding.

I have 2 separate businesses that I run from the same location: 2 Crowhill Rd, Dunfermline, GB.

Both the set of 'Verified & Published' locations and the set of 'Not Published & Unverified' locations share the same information, including store codes. (I was, of course prompted to upload the CSV file with this information.)

My website URLs are www.kinglet.co.uk and www.hypnotherapyfife.co.uk .

I've tried all sorts of ways but I don't know how to find the Listings URLs.

The site names are (a) Dalgety Bay Hypnotherapy (Fife) (kinglet.co.uk), and (b) Weight Loss Hypnotherapy in Fife (hypnotherapyfife.co.uk).

If I click on google.com/adwords it opens an account under davidstockshyp@gmail.com Customer ID 172-285-6278.

Adwords shows the existence of a campaign "Campaign #1" for £0.05 per day, which has no clicks, payments or history, etc. (I didn't know this existed, and there are no dates anywhere. I suspect it may have been from a previous aborted attempt to set this up.) If I open the campaign, there's a message in the Ad Group: "You don't have any enabled or paused ad groups in this campaign. Click "+ Ad group" above to create one".

Historically, Google used to create new locations based, I think, upon searches through Yell.com. (It's common with Yell to use a different phone number for tracking purposes, leading to this confusion.) Google would then send me notifications to claim these 'new' locations and claim special offers, which, of course, I did. I have recently removed the spurious locations.)

I must have had a hundred Adwords offers, but I have not ever been able to use them.