My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Company stock symbol in Google search pulls up incorrect company name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I type in my company's stock symbol (LORL), it pulls up Loral Space & Communications Ltd. which is not correct. It should be Loral Space & Communications Inc. The NASDAQ site pulls up the correct company information when searching for LORL.

How do I go about correcting this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Try this problem report link. It can be found at the bottom of the Google Finance page for LORL. 

Why is it important? Google isn't the only site showing Ltd. In particular, the FCC does, as well as other publications. WSJ had Ltd. as recently as May 5th. 

Google is a reflection of the web. Sometimes, the reflection takes time. It will likely be corrected on its own with time.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response, I posted a description of the issue twice to the problem report link you sent, but received no reply.  How should I proceed?

The reason it matters is because the Ltd company has declared bankruptcy and its stock no longer has any value.  However, when shareholders type in LORL, which is the Inc company, Ltd shows up incorrectly and shareholders incorrectly assume that their stock still has value. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I forgot to mention, the links you sent show some news associated with Loral Ltd. in the past, which is fine. The issue is that Loral Inc and Loral Ltd are two separate entities.  The stock symbol LORL is Loral Space & Communications Inc, but it is pulling up Loral Space & Communications Ltd which no longer exists.