My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Communication Manager role is not getting reviews notifications

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, I created an account last week for our new Social Media Coordinator who will administer within the Communications Manager role for us at Google My Business.  She is not getting notifications of reviews.  She has accepted the role via the standard invite.  Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That's  right and I believe its because  the owner only can respond on a review "as owner"

There is just no fuctionality provided to respond "as the Communication Manager"

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh I see, I was going by the information contained in the chart here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962?hl=en

About halfway down the page the chart summarizes capabilities of owners, managers, and communications managers.

Re: Communication Manager role is not getting reviews notifications

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Carolyn H

As far as I know only the primary owner of the listing receives review notifications, unfortunately.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I wonder then what is the purpose of the Communications Manager role?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

When it came about I believe the "communications" part of the title was relating more to posting content on Google+ than it was to responding to reviews, although you are able to do so as a communications manager. But it is nice to have a role that an owner can assign to someone that prevents them from deleting the listing or editing the business info.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Firts of all @Carolyn H

I have to apologize and with draw me above.

You are right about the linked article and what it tells us>

Frankly said yo are the first user here complaining being the communication manager and not ebing able to respond as owern.

I would very much appreciate getting from you good proof the linked HC article is wrong and you can't respond.

Can you please provide me two screen captures:

One Screenshot showing oyu are the CM of the listing in question and

an other one showing you can see the reviews in the dahsboard but can't respond as CM through the dahsboard?

With this two screenshots I can escalate this as a bug to investigate.

Thanks for oyur cooperation.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am owner, not communications manager.  As owner, I get emailed when a review has been published.  My communications manager does not get a notification.  I contacted Google and learned that today they only notify the owner account when a review is published.  So my workaround is to forward the notification email to my communications manager.  The agent I spoke with said this is the result of "users complaining that their email accounts were getting spammed with notifications."  Wish I had retained the agent's name but I did not.  I will work on getting screen shots to you.  Thank you for the follow up.

Re: Communication Manager role is not getting reviews notifications

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Carolyn H@Helmut Geissler

Sorry, I added to the confusion here. She is talking about just getting review notifications, not responding to the reviews. And I was referring email notifications in my posts. The owner will get an email notification and a notification in the GMB dashboard when a review is left, a communications manager will only get a notification in the GMB dashboard.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

i read your message once again, from your last paragraph:

"One Screenshot showing oyu are the CM of the listing in question and

an other one showing you can see the reviews in the dahsboard but can't respond as CM through the dahsboard?"'

I think a misunderstanding here.  The issue is that only I (GMB "Owner" role) get the email notifications indicating that a review has been posted; our Social Media Coordinator (GMB "Communications Manager" role) does NOT receive email notifications that a review has been posted ... our assumption was that surely the Communications Manager role would get these notifications, doesn't make sense that they would not.