My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Collection of Sellers Ratings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Dazadi Inc.
2. Not a physical storefront business we are only ecommerce
3. 818-396-8618
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dazadi/@36.046795,-127.6479946,9307838a,13.1y/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1s...
5. www.dazadi.com

I am curious to know how Google collects Sellers Ratings for data collection. We are an ecommerce company only and do not have any physical storefronts

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You're in a grey area here for having a business listing. eCommerce businesses strictly speaking don't qualify for a business listing. However, that rule was made for the person selling stuff as a 'store' on eBay out of their garage. 

Amazon Inc. has corporate locations, despite being mostly ecommerce. I assume that's what you have listed in Google.

Soliciting reviews for your location may not be the best strategy for your ecommerce business. Perhaps you're talking about using Google Customer Reviews (the replacement for trusted stores)? 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right we have our own site, but no physical locations all of our employees work remote from home

My next question I guess should be how Google collect their reviews. Do we know what sites they collect data from when it comes reviews

If I take Dazadi off the map will that cause the reviews to go away

Re: Collection of Sellers Ratings

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Reviews on local listings are collected through web search (knowledge panel link) or via Maps. If a listing is removed from Google, the reviews attached to that listing aren't visible in search. 

However, it doesn't appear that the location has any reviews, so no reviews will be harmed in the removal of your listing. 

If you choose to go the route of Google Customer Reviews - the reviews will be collected after integrating with the opt-in that's required to appear on your site. Google will then send the customers a survey to collect the review. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter