My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Closed address and profile appears instead of new profile and address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a new profile for our one of our physicians Dr. Eric J Lawitz.  The old page keeps showing up with the old address, which is already reported as permanently closed. How can I get the new one to show up?

Here is the old: https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=15281135781173944340&hl=en&q=Dr.%20Eric%20J.%20Lawitz%2C%20MD%...

Here is the new: https://www.google.com/search?ludocid=15281135781173944340&hl=en&q=Dr.%20Eric%20J.%20Lawitz%2C%20MD%...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Texas. Its not extremely helpful but I do know that sometimes it can take some time for Google to completely remove a listing from their index. I do see that it at least says on the old listing that the office has moved.

When its been a few weeks and I still see the old listing, I keep suggesting to Google to remove the listing through the Suggestion link. If I do this, it has never lasted more than a few weeks. Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be.

Re: Closed address and profile appears instead of new profile and address

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It looks like your new address is showing the new listing and comes up first for me. Your old listing is marked as "relocated" for me, which is exactly what it should be doing. Are you getting something different?

Dr. Eric J. Lawitz  MD   Google Search.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a very good thing! Could you do me a big favor and if you just type in Eric Lawitz does the correct one still come up first?  Thanks again, I really appreciate it! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Texas Liver I
November 2016

Re: Closed address and profile appears instead of new profile and address

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Not a problem Eric! It appears to be showing that way to me! It may vary based on your distance to the pages, the exact terms used, and as time goes on, but for me it looks good!

eric lawitz   Google Maps.png