AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Client review not showing live

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name - Cherry Pixel Productions
2. Current business address - 5085 Coloma Ct. SE
3. Current telephone number - 503-391-4801
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/+Cherrypixel

Hello Google Business community, thank you in advance for any help.

I have a client that has twice posted a great review for my business page and both times received emails from Google explaining that they have left a review, yet the reviews are not showing up. The client has written a review twice and both times it didn't show up live. I don't want to bother them again unless I can figure out why it's not showing up lest if fail again and the client be perturbed.

Thanks,
Joseph

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Client review not showing live

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Joseph G

you'd need to delete your review with the account you made the review with. Instructions are here:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
do you happen to know what your client might have posted
And when did he post his reviews?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Joseph. I'm seeing 4 reviews: from Vincent Burkhead, David Neal, yourself, and Chris Foleen. Incidentally, you'll want to delete that review you made for yourself... that's not what that review space is for, and can get you in trouble for spammy behavior if the wrong person sees it. Better to remove it now. 

As far as why their review got filtered, it happens sometimes. Could be that this was their first review and something looked fishy to Google for some reason, could be any number of things. Now that they've tried twice though, best to call it good and build up reviews from others. @JoyHawkins wrote up a good list of reasons reviews can get filtered, I'll just go ahead and copy and paste it here. 

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

• URLs in reviews
  • The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
  • The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
  • The person who wrote the review works for you
  • The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
  • The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
  • The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
  • You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
  • The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
  • The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
  • You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
  • You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
  • You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
  • Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

If the review shows in their profile though, and they're not one of the 3 people I named above, then someone else might have another level of troubleshooting they could do, but it'd probably involve looking at their profile, so you'd have to name the customer and post a link to their profile. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes he's done it twice, once about two months ago and again last week.
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you James. I don't see an option to delete my own review.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Joseph G

you'd need to delete your review with the account you made the review with. Instructions are here:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar problem with my latest review from a client, which she gave a week ago. She can see it in her review summary but I can't see it at all in mine, nor on Google, nor have I receive the usual Google message to say a review has been posted. Any thoughts, please?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

UPDATE: The issue turned out to be that the person who had written the review had their profile set to private. Profiles that are set to private do not display public reviews.

Thanks for all of your input here!