My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Client review not showing and no notification received. Can you solve the mystery pls?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name - Caroline Gibson
2. Current business address - 18 Maze Road, Kew, Surrey TW9 3DE, UK
3. Current telephone number - +44 7957 567766
4. Google+ URL

-personal: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CarolineGibsonfreelancecopywriter/about

- business: https://plus.google.com/113175309244096521403/about?hl=en-GB

A client recently posted a review - and sent me the screenshot as proof - but I didn't receive the usual Google notification and it's not showing.

I've read through the list of potential reasons posted by @JoyHawkins. The only one that might apply is that my client had recently posted a review about me on LinkedIn. But I've had other instances where clients have done this without any problems. It's such a lovely review so am hugely disappointed that it's not showing and also concerned about future problems with getting client reviews.

(Just to add to the confusion, I seem to have two profiles - the business one is the one showing up on GMaps with reviews but the other one is where I actively post. Should I focus on just posting on the business one or does it not matter?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Client review not showing and no notification received. Can you solve the mystery pls?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Caroline

Are you able to post the review screenshot here? It may help us troubleshoot why the review did not make it through, but as Google keeps review filters very close hold, I can't promise anything!

Re posting on personal vs business. It is quite difficult to access business pages now in Google+ unless you're actively searching in Google+ (which very few people do). If you have a decent following for your personal profile then I'd recommend to keep posting there rather than using the business page.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Client review not showing and no notification received. Can you solve the mystery pls?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks but have since realised that my client had included her url in the review which is why Google hadn't allowed it to show!

Regards,

Caroline

M 07957 567766
W carolinegibson.co.uk