My Business
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Client has written a review of our business but it does not display?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi team - have submitted an enquiry on this subject already and the response received did not resolve.  We have a client who has written a review for our business www.maltonroad.com.au however it does not display.  Client has forwarded a screen grab which confirms it was published, it was even edited a second time to ensure it went up, however that has not fixed the issue.  This was a couple of weeks back.  We are situated in Sydney and this client in NZ, does that affect it?

The business involved is Bruce Ash from Kirstin Ash.

Thanks for your help.

James.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client has written a review of our business but it does not display?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Google, in their infinite wisdom, has an algo that determines whether any given review is of high enough quality to display. The algo is written in a broad stroke to pick up reviews whose patterns are similar to those of reviews by spammers.

In that broad stroke it will make errors if something (who know what) was too similar to the behaviors of those bad actors. And it tags the review as not of sufficient trust or quality to be included on your page.

Sometimes the user can edit it on a mobile device and it will show, sometimes the can change the wording or the length and it will show. But for the most part it won't and it is unlikely worth anyones time to figure out what is preventing it from showing.

I know that is not the news you wanted to hear. I am sorry.