My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Claiming location under construction?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to claim a listing for "First Baptist Church" in Cypress, Texas.

The map is actually showing our future location currently under construction, slated to open in June 2017. The address listed on the map is not our official future address -- and not even a real address. Therefore, a verification postcard cannot be mailed to it.

Also, the information that is pre-populated in this listing is for ANOTHER church in town. The website and phone number are both for Second Baptist Church's Cypress Campus. We will be Houston's First Baptist Church - Cypress Campus

So, how do I claim this business listing? Attached is a screen shot of the current listing ("First Baptist Church") and a screen shot of what the listing should be ("Houston's First Baptist Church - Cypress Campus"). I have also uploaded several photos. 

Our CURRENT mailing address where we could receive a verification postcard is 22220 B Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX 77429.

1. Full business name - Houston's First Baptist Church - Cypress Campus
2. Current business address - 22220 B Northwest Freeway, Cypress, TX 77429 
3. Current telephone number - (713) 264-4200
4. Google+ URL - https://plus.google.com/b/118266963624773464775/ 

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 11.41.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-09 at 11.53.23 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Claiming location under construction?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Steven M

You should not be creating or claiming a business page for a business that is not open to the public yet.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It appears on the Google map with our name and with another organization's information (website, phone). Google offers the opportunity to claim the business.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong trying to claim an identity that belongs to us, correct the information, and take advantage of something Google offers right there on the page.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Steven M

I am advising you on Guidelines.

It was not created by Google, someone created it in MapMaker

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership