My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Claiming a listing for a convention

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I am currently in the process of starting a 3 day anime convention. (I worked for one for years and I'm ready to go out on my own!) I work for an SEO company so I have a moderate understanding of how GMB listings work but not a perfect one since I work in the sales department and not the service department. We are expecting to launch our inaugural event in July of 2018.

We have purchased our domain already and we're currently in the process of registering as either an LLC or Non profit corporation. (we could go either way as many events like ours have)

I just applied for a google my business listing today. For now, I have the GMB listing linked to my home address. (home address suppressed)

If at all possible, I'd like to use the hotel's address as the address displayed on the GMB listing. 

I BELIEVE this is possible, because I did find one successful example of what I'm looking for.  The business category is "convention", and the address is the host hotel for the event. This, event, is, however, MUCH larger and much older than mine. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=dragon+con&oq=dragon+con&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61j69i60j0l3.1152j0j9&...

What hoops do I need to jump through to make this happen? I understand I'll probably have to have a postcard sent from google to the hotel but I believe that should be fine.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Claiming a listing for a convention

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Allie N

events or meeting places or even "classes" are not eligible for local listing on GoogleMyBusiness.

Please refer to their guidelines

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en