My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Claim Ownership When Already a Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My client isn't the primary owner of his Google My Business page. He was only invited as a manager. We have access, but would like him to take primary ownership. He discontinued services with a marketing agency and we suspect that they were the original creators. We have already reached out to them and they stated they didn't create the profile. How do I request ownership through his email so he can take primary ownership? I've read throughout the forum to fill out a transfer request form, but cannot find the form anywhere. I know Google has done a lot of really cool updates, so wanted to see if there was a new way to request ownership or if the form is still the way. If so, could someone please send the link to the form or a step-by-step breakdown on how to do this with the recent updates?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Claim Ownership When Already a Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Emily B,

I would suggest you get in touch with the GMB team on social and ask them to help you with this.  You can tweet to them at @googlemybiz or message them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/GoogleMyBusiness/

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual