My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing my business name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all

Google+ business page/reviews question for you. My business is called 'Brighton Bodyworks' and my url is www.massagetherapy-brighton.co.uk and I have started building up a good number of reviews on my google+ profile. However, I realise that if I move from Brighton and want to change my business name and url there is a good chance I will lose all these reviews and have to start from scratch again. Is that the case? My business - massage/physical therapy - and my website design & content would remain the same. Could any of you advise?

Many thanks

Amy 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Changing my business name

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ebra, it's possible they could detach. Really depends on the nature of the changes. This is the relevant help center doc https://support.google.com/business/answer/3098204?hl=en

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply. Is there ever any way of speaking to (gasp) a PERSON at Google with regards to something like this?
I could make a business name change now whilst I am not moving location - ie, change Brighton Bodyworks branding to 'Amy's Massage & Movement' or somesuch, but leaving web domain as is. Then move to a new web domain of that business name, all whilst remaining in this current location. Does that approach sound any more likely to help?
Many thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you are remaining at the same location and keeping the same phone no. that would decrease the chances of review detachment.

GMB does have phone support. Not too sure how much guidance they can offer on this scenario though. Here's the link to get to the support team https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, that's really helpful. One last question. I don't suppose you know whether, if I made the url change and did lose all my reviews, I could switch back on my previous url and reinstate associates reviews?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I won't lose your reviews if all you do is change the website URL.