My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing my business name

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have been the "owner of the business" for the school I work at for a few months now. The school has a new title (changed in 2012) and I have tried to change it a few times now and it has not changed. When I click edit, it shows up how I want it to look now, calling it Saint Joseph Preparatory High School, but the page still says Mount Saint Joseph Academy. I am not sure how this can be fixed, but our Principal and my team are hoping to have it changed as soon as possible. Any suggestions?

1. Full business name : Saint Joseph Preparatory High School (on maps, Mount Saint Joseph Academy)
2. Current business address : 617 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA 02134
3. Current telephone number : 617.254.8383 
4. Google Maps URL : https://www.google.com/maps/place/Saint+Joseph+Preparatory+High+School/@42.3523323,-71.1428092,15z/d...
5. Website (if applicable) : saintjosephprep.org

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This looks like a bug I have run into a few times. I will submit this to Google. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just one other thing, have you tried to get the Wikipedia entry edited? This may be the issue. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to get that changed as well. I know how to change the information in the page, but I cannot find how to change the actual title.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You may need to hire a Wikipedia editor or contact the person monitoring that page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Once that is corrected, would that change the Google page automatically? 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Sydney S This appears to be a technical issue with no timeline on resoltuion.