My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing listed city for my business Google listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to change the city listed for my business (Mark Trischuk Design).  It is currently listed as Battery Point but I would like to change it to Hobart.  In changing it on my listing settings, it updates in the field available, but does not update the actual listing.

Thank you,

Mark

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing listed city for my business Google listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mark T,

You address is physically located in Battery Point, you cannot change it to Hobart.

Has the business moved to Hobart?

If it is still located at the Battery Point address, do you have a staffed office during the stated business hours, or do you meet your customers at a location of their choosing?

The location seems to be a residential home.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Battery Point is a suburb of Hobart and as 99% of searchers will be searching for Hobart and not Battery Point, which is a small community, I was hoping that by updating the address to Hobart it would list my business under Hobart and not just the too exclusive, "Battery Point".  Is there another way to address this problem?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I meet clients at a location of their choosing.  The address doubles is also a residence.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I'm afraid as I can't give you a good advise.

The problem is thsi:

Obviously Google (GMaps as well as GMB) consider Hobart and Battery Point as different entities.

You can see this applying a plain search for "Hobart" and "Battery Point"  with GMaps.

And your street address belongs to "Battery Point"