My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing Photospheres from Personal to Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks,
I run www.VanTasks.ie and am trying to update my van information page to include Photospheres of the inside of each van.

The page being worked on at the moment is here: http://www.vantasks.ie/van-information-2
(I'm having some server issues so please refresh if it doesn't seem to load first time)

You will see on the second van down, a little photosphere of the interior of this van and in it's thumbnail version, my personal name takes up a big chunk of the thumbnail. I used street view to capture the photosphere from my phone and uploaded it to Google this way, but I'd rather not have my personal name plastered all over the site and would like to, if possible, give ownership of these photosphere files to the VanTasks account (which I log into with the same @gmail account, but it's just under VanTasks and I can switch between personal/vantasks on youtube and the likes).

My VanTasks place URL is here:
https://www.google.ie/maps/place/VanTasks/@53.291631,-6.1319417,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x486706...

My Google+ page is here: https://plus.google.com/+Vantasks/about
It doesn't seem to show photos or reviews in the "NEW" g+ layout :(

You should hopefully be able to see all 3 photosphere's here, I will be publishing the 3, 1 for each van, on the van information page. I'm also wondering would this be resource/data heavy to have 3 concurrent photosphere's loading on the one page at the same time? Maybe it would be better just to have a static thumbnail and the user would have to click to enlarge to see the actual photosphere?

Any feedback on the above would be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing Photospheres from Personal to Business

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Cormac O,

Thanks for writing, and my apologies in the delay of my response. Unfortunately, I don't think I quite understand your question but have included my best advice below. 

I don't believe that there is a way to transfer ownership of the photos to another account. I would recommend uploading to your business account, then posting from there to keep your name off of the images. Given that you log in with the same email address, I would probably try using a different email address specific to your business to see if that helps.

If you're looking to add the "see inside" photos to your account, this would need to be done by a Google Trusted Photographer. To add general photos, I would recommend this article for instructions. 

Unfortunately, I can't offer guidance on your last question, as I believe this is a matter of personal preference. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, or if I didn't fully address the questions that you had!

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Liz,
Thanks a lot for the reply. I've checked this out and there doesn't seem to be a way to upload them to my business account after I've taken the shots with the street view app on my android phone which I log into with my personal account. I've checked photos.google.com and when I try to "download" the photosphere, it only downloads the frame of which is in view.

If I was to contact the trusted photographers, would there be any way to send them the file and they could upload it as a "see inside" view and I could link to it from there? Or would they need to come out and take the photos themselves?

It looks like the only "free" solution may be to leave it as it is?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Cormac O,

Unfortunately, going through a Trusted Photographer is the only way I know to get 360 images in your account.

Best,
Liz