My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Changing CNAME

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I currently have a store with Square and I am trying to use my recently purchased (today) domain name from Google (Enon is the host) as the web address for the Square store. I am in the Enon settings view and apparently google had certain urls listed as CNAMES, so I figured that is why it wasnt working. (Square says I have to change the CNAME to "store.squareup.com" in order for the redirecting to work.) So, instead of deleting the google addresses completely  as CNAMES, I left them there but I just changed the 'Record Type' to "TXT". I am not a web expert or anything even close to that, but I was hoping that that change would not affect the technicalities of the site. It did not seem to but nevertheless it did not work.

So, I would like to know what is it that I need to do to have my Square store work under my domain name?

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Moniquea B
April 2016

Re: Changing CNAME

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Moniquea,

I think you'll get a better response posting this question over at the webmaster forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

If it were a question about your Google My Business page, we'd be well set to help with that.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: Changing CNAME

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You!