My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change of phone and website link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We have recently taken Management of the google my business page for 'Market Gates Shopping Centre' in Great Yarmouth. This has been verified.

We have edited and saved the correct information for the location with the

correct telephone number 

01493 858677

and the correct website 

marketgates-shopping.co.uk

When you google the Centre however the telephone number of one of our stores 'Select' appears and the website link is to their website.

They are taking a lot of our calls - proving the value of a listing but driving them nuts!

can you assist - we have repeatedly edited the info in our panel but without any luck.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Messages P
July 2016

Re: Change of phone and website link

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Messages P

the listing I get displayed for your search  "Market Gates Shopping Centre' in Great Yarmouth" should be this one:

Market Gates Shopping Centre

and this contains the correct phone number and shows it with GMaps: https://goo.gl/maps/wda6XZMsStN2

But I agree there is a confusing knowledge graph mismatch displayed too for a search on "Market Gates Shopping Centre' in Great Yarmouth": 

screenshot-www.google.de 2016-07-07 18-38-47.png

This knowledge graph is btw  the same as if we do a search for "select fashion great yarmouth".

See below:

screenshot-www.google.de 2016-07-07 18-34-47.png

What does it mean?

Both different Google searches show the same Knowledge graph for "Select fashion" but this happens under the wrong name "Market Gates Shopping Centre'".

Infact two businessess are affected very badly:

1# "Market Gates Shopping Centre"  get a knowledge graph under this name but with the content of the business "Select fashion"

2# "Select fashion" get a knowledge graph for this business but under the wrong name "Market Gates Shopping Centre"

last but not least:

there seems be no option to get a knowledge graph showing the content of "Market Gates Shopping Centre" as  we see it with GMaps: https://goo.gl/maps/wda6XZMsStN2

I have no clue what is causing this mismatch and will therefore  escalate this problem to our communication manager.

Please be patient until we get any feedback from Google

for my own reference only: Knowledge graph mismatch

Re: Change of phone and website link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut,
Good to know it is a predicament beyond our reach.
I'll light a candle to the gods of google and cross my digital fingers!
Mick