My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change business custom URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HELP.

I'm trying to setup a custom URL for my business page.

I have followed the instructions here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6068603?hl=en-GB but I do not get a 'Brand Pages' option when I have gone to the google my business page.

This is driving me mad!

Any suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change business custom URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lee

Can you provide the URL to your current G+ page?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

https://plus.google.com/b/107744689450585777838/+LeeRushbyPhotography/posts

Lee R

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lee

I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused - the page you linked to already has a custom URL (+LeeRushbyPhotography) so there's no further action that you need to take on this page.

Is there another page you want to get a custom URL for?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah...... OK.

That makes sense.

So there is no option to change it once it is created?

Lee R

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Lee

No, the guidelines do make it clear that there's no way to change a custom URL once it has been accepted. Some local business who have their name or location in the URL and change those details down the track have been able to get the URL changed but otherwise there's no option to do so.