My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change Sunday Hours to "Appointment Only" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Main Street Motors

228 Main Street

Scituate, Rhode Island 02823

401-828-4545

https://plus.google.com/+Mainstreetautos/posts

Hi,

Is it possible to change my Sunday hours to "Appointment Only"? If so, how?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shane M
April 2016

Re: Change Sunday Hours to "Appointment Only" ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shane M

You cannot add by appointment. The whole point of a business page and Googles criteria is that people can make in person contact during stated hours.

Make it prominent in the business description that its by appointment and also on your website

Sorry

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your answer just illustrates that GOOGLE is OUT OF TOUCH. My business is by appointment 24 hour availability. There is NO OPTION for that and there are literally THOUSANDS of pet sitters and dog walkers in the USA with the same hours. TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So I have a "potential" client drive half way across town to see me about their taxes, and I have to say, Sorry, you should have looked at our website where it says "By Appointment Only", because I can't see you now as I have a previously scheduled client with me. Next time don't look at what Google says, yes I am open, and here, but you need to schedule an appointment, now drive back home 10 miles, and schedule an appointment.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Google clearly states in their eligibility requirements that a person must be able to make in person contact during stated business hours.

If you can not meet this requirement then you should not have a Google business page.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I AM there during stated business hours. However if I have a client that I am already with, then I have to send a potential client away after they may have driven 20 minutes to see me because Google shows me as open, but not busy. Sorry about the hassle, next time make an appointment. Would you come back to me for business? Imagine going to my Doctor and saying, Google shows your office is open, can I see you now? How about a hair stylist, an attorney, a loan officer, etc., etc. People sometimes just don't think.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you read the Google "guidelines" it's hilarious they have the nerve to try to tell business owners what they should and shouldn't list.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Cindy S

You are free to use other search engines, who also have their own terms of service when using their products.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
advertising demands the ability to accurately depict accurate information.
"The whole point of a business page and Google criteria is that people can make in person contact during stayed hours" is the exact statement we "business owners" are challenging. We are asking GMB to expand their view of this.

To the eye of a lay person (who doesn't understand coding or limits of options) or the "original intent" of the page ... If they see CLOSED perception is closed and no other options. People don't dig further. We are only asking for an option that makes them dig further.

Google maps brings people to your "front door". If you offer this snippet of information(like store hours) that you would see on their door ... Would "closed" when u are open by appointment only by misleading? Yes. Instead better advertisement would be to post a phone number.

So whether Google maps intended for it to be originally used like this or not ... It is being used in this way. Just like any other software or spreadsheet created you have to be willing to morph the options for how it's being used bs how it was originally intended.

If Google maps cannot implement this it would be nice to know the reasons. Is it prevented by coding nightmare or is it a "bad idea". For the user that we rnt even seeing.
We are not hearing any of those things. If you said.. Business owner you don't want that because if you said by appointment it would cause "this". Convince us that we are wrong in our thinking rather than just pointin us back to the original intent

You have to agree that if u were searching for a business and it said "closed" you are going to move on. Not dig deeper.

We are just asking for verbiage to ask them to dig deeper. Even if it's a closed-see website.

Thanks for taking the time to review this!!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Jill D

Thanks for your honest, serious and objective thoughts.

I will bring them definetively to the attention of our communication manager of the forum and am sure she will forward it to the product team.

For my own reference only:

about "on appointment"