My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change Reservation Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I would like to change my reservation link to my own website but don't seem to be able to find an option to do so in updating my business information?

Can you please assist?

Many thanks! David

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change Reservation Link

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @David Y

You can't directly set your reservation link anywhere. If it's out-and-out wrong for some reason (like it leads to the reservation page for a competitor on a 3rd party site or something) you can contact Google support by phone or on twitter and they'll straighten you out. 

Another option, you can specify where you want people to make a reservation on your website using JSON-LD. Google will read this, and will likely update your knowledge panel reservation link if you set up the Schema properly, but it may take a while before Google picks it up and makes the change. 

@Tim Capper had a great template you could use that he shared here. Basically, just copy that code, add in your information, and then put it on each page of your website (if you're running wordpress, it's easy to add it to the header or footer file). It doesn't matter where it is on page. Make sure you run the code through a schema testing tool first to make sure it's working right. 

Oh, and if you're a restaurant instead of a hotel, start with this code instead. 

You can read more about JSON-LD specifications for hotels here

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Change Reservation Link

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @David Y

Great info from @james w .

Are you a hotel or restaurant ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership