My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change Name on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We leased a retail space that was occupied by business owner who moved their business to another location. However, it doesn't look like they notified google maps. So when a person enters the address in google maps, the old business name is still showing.

I did request an edit change and have not heard back from google. How do I fix this issue.

The name of the prior business is Colony Music Studio. It should be Escape Room Games Missouri City/Sugar Land.

The address is 2859 Dulles Avenue, Missouri City, TX, 77459

Business Phone is 281-710-5169

Website URL is www.escaperoommissouricity.com

Map URL:https://www.google.com/maps/place/2859+Dulles+Ave,+Missouri+City,+TX+77459/@29.5822741,-95.582425,17...

Thanks,

Jenny Bailey

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Jenny, I clicked on the Map URL that you provided.  I would recommend that you click on the business name Colony Music Studio you will then see the business information, there is a link labeled Suggest an edit with a blue pencil icon next to it.  Click on that.  At the top, where it says Place is permanently closed or has never existed, click on that so Yes is selected.  Next click on the Moved Elsewhere button.  Then enter the updated address, and then click on the Submit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Nate. I did what you suggested and am awaiting a reply from google. If the edit is approved, what do I need to do to get my business name on the map?

Jenny

Re: Change Name on Google Maps

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Jenny, I would give it about a week, then check up to see if it has been removed.  At that point, I would create my own Google My Business (unless you already have one, then just update the address).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help! 

Jenny