My Business
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Change Business Category

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our client, a heating and plumbing company, has their primary category as Heating Contractor.  We'd like to change the primary category to Plumber.  What's the best way to go about doing this?

Johns Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning

6343 Burnt Poplar Road

Greensboro, NC 27409

336-294-2301

https://plus.google.com/+Johnsplumbinghvac/about

Re: Change Business Category

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Looks like the business has been verified. That means you'll need to get the login information from the client, and go to google.com/business, login, and change the category in the dashboard. It's a simple change, and will go live more or less immediately. If the client doesn't have the login information anymore though, you'll need to jump through some hoops to get the login information back. It's a hassle, so strongly encourage the client to figure out where the login is if you can. If not, you'll need to do this.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Change Business Category

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Just a quick edit to be a little precise. If you don't know about the manager/owner system in Google My Business, if the owner can come up with the login, it's usually easier to just have them add you as a manager, both for privacy reasons and organizational reasons. You can send the client these instructions for doing that once they find the login information. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.