My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Category for my company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can Google please add the category Christian Organization? I am not a church, and I am not a bookstore. I've received tons of calls from people because I had to choose book store over church. It's  misleading for the people wanting a book store, but so would it be misleading for people looking for a church...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Category for my company

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pamela,

Can you please clarify your business nature or what your company actually does? It will help to choose the relevant category.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Pamela C

I can add it to the suggested category spread sheet, whether Google chooses to add this is another matter.

You might try educational consultant, as looking at your business page, the emphasis is on speaker. The trick is to find the nearest possible category available and hopefully people have a some nouce about them to actually read the description or your website.

I would also like to mention that your business page name is violating naming guidelines, your business page should just be : Pamela Christian Ministries

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Pamela C

Hi Pamela

Google offers a category "Religious organisation".

It covers obviously all kinds of Religous Organisations - including any Christian Organisation.

In case this category isn't available for you please let me know in what country it isn't available.