My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Categories regularly Changed - google support not understanding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company: Swan Spa, a Thai massage therapist in the UK, keeps having the massage categories deleted on the My Business Dashboard and changed to nail salon and sauna. This then means the wrong information is shown on live searches.

I have spoken to google support so many times about the same issue: the business categories keep being changed by someone / something else. Last week, after escalation, I was promised it will never happen again - it happened three times since.

In today's 45 min call with a google supervisor he is insisting that I am the one making the changes. I asked him to confirm the IP address for whoever made the change and he refused. I asked him to confirm if the IP address was the same as the one I used. He refused to confirm or deny.

It is frustrating that google customer support is so weak - despite being in UK it is the India tech centres I keep getting and they are not understanding English or not listening to the issue I am raising. Each call is with someone else and none of them give identifying name tags or numbers.

I believe the problem may be that another company with the same name exists in the USA and Ireland (not in anyway related to my business), and their category - nail salon and sauna - is the one my category keeps getting changed to. Any suggestions, other than loosing my temper with google support who don't listen to the problems? I've sent 10 screen shots in the past 2 weeks, but the issue is not getting resolved.

Categories regularly Changed - google support not understanding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Inline images 1

Inline images 1

The wrong category keeps appearing as above. Who is making the change?