My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cant seem to receive any postcards google sends out. I'm stuck in the verification process. Please h

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Community,

So in order to verify a business they ask you to request a postcard right? At least for my business. postcard is the only available way to verify my business. I have requested postcard from google 4-5 times. between 2 months time. have not yet received any. So i called google phone support. they said they will have somebody from the verification department concact me by email. Received a email from the verification team saying according to their record i have not yet requested any post card. So i replied the email with a screenshot of my google business page where it shows the last post card i requested was on Aug 31st. Heard nothing back from them. Contacted google again. The rep said he made  a note on my account and i was going to receive a call from the verification team in 24 hours. Got no calls nor emails from them. Got on the phone with google again and again they told me somebody from the verification team will contact me via email. Received a email from them finally saying they do see that i requested a postcard 3 weeks ago but  at the moment the only way to verify is by request another post card. Im just stuck here. on one hand the only way to verify is by post card on the other hand they don't send you postcards.  I just don't understand why there aren't other ways to verify the business. Like calling the store phone that is associated with the business? or send a email verification ? Really frustrating can any one help me solve the problem?

Best,

Kenny 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cant seem to receive any postcards google sends out. I'm stuck in the verification process. Plea

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @fix p

The reason they need a postcard to the address, is to make sure it exists at that location.

They do offer phone and via search console, but these are only offered at various degrees of certainty that the business exists at that exact location.

Yes, business support is pretty lackadaisical the moment, I am waiting for the "email" to arrive that never arrives.

Please can you provide your business page URL, so I can bump this up.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Cant seem to receive any postcards google sends out. I'm stuck in the verification process. Please h

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi kenny 

your postcard is not come because your landmark adders is not right , rest your landmark adders and plz add your ladline nomber in my business page ,when you add your street adders plz add your house no then your postcard come in 2-3 days and you got verify your my business page as soons as 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what you mean by landmark address? our business address is correctly showing on google and google map. land mark is also correct on google map.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Cant seem to receive any postcards google sends out. I'm stuck in the verification process. Plea

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @fix p

This business page IS verified already ?

Fixit Phone Repair   Google .png

Which probably explains why you cant verify it or get a postcard, because it already is!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was verified once, about a month ago. It was a big headache back then too. Had to request post cards 3 times. Of course never received any of them.  Went back and forth with google and finally they offered me another way to verify the business and it was by taking pictures of my store and send them to google. So finally i got the business to verify.Then i started using Yahoo Aabaco. It's a tool that you post your business information on it and it updates your information on more than 60+ websites. Including Google.  So before Yahoo Aabaco. The address on google was spelled in full. " North instead N, Highway instead of HWY" . So after Yahoo Aabaco updated the address on google. I was asked to verify the business again and that's when i fell into this infinite verification loop.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

But you agree then its, verified.

Case closed ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At the moment its not verified.1.png