My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cant respond to negative Google Reviews on my Business Page - Being Blackmailed with a review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a ex-employer who contacted me and stated via writing either I do XxX free work for them or they will leave a bogus Google review up on my Business Page. Needless to say they followed thru, left a bogus review on my business page and no matter what I do I cant seem to reply to the review.

I leave the reply. Hit save. The prompt states my reply has been left. When i refresh the page the reply is gone and never shows up on my business pages review.

My business name is Clemson Web Design

# is 864-280-4848

My review links is https://www.google.com/search?q=Clemson+Web+Design&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#lrd=0x8858f54eb89f6b37:0xe3c539...,

What can I do to remove this review? Its absolutely bogus, I can provide email transcipts showing these peoples communications holding me hostage with Google reviews until I do free work for them..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cant respond to negative Google Reviews on my Business Page - Being Blackmailed with a review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No one can help? Why cant I respond to their bogus review?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Clemson Web Design

I suppose you applied 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3474050?hl=en - did you?

If your reply doesn't get published:

Can you please post it's exact content here so I could take a closer look (Note: as reviews could get filterd for several reasons this can happen with responses on reviews as well)

So it would perhaps be helpful to help you knowing your filtered response.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

It doesnt matter what I put in the reply button. It doesnt show. I've tried multiple times over the past month. I can put "This review is completely bogus" and I hit "save". It says the review reply is there. https://snag.gy/zdvyCZ.jpg

I refresh. And Its gone....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I reply to any other review just fine. Its just the negative bogus one that wont show my reply. Drives me insane. It doesnt matter what I put in the reply box. It simply wont show up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Whats really sad is I have email transcripts with these people. They admit in writing to using Google reviews to black mail me. Their exact words are

"Do this work for us, afterwards we will remove the negative review".

I've consulted two lawyers, Both agree that unless I can prove financial loss, then I'll have a hard time in court. Theres no real way to prove financial loss as there is no tracking of bounced users, missed calls due to a bogus negative review.  The lawyers do agree that its a form of black mail and have advised me to take it up with Google and the reviewer.

The reviewer is trying to black mail me. Get free work in return for taking down the review and Google wont even let me reply to the review or respond to my flags of "conflict of interest".