My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cant remove an old phone number from my listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our Business is Segway Central Coast.

The information which is displayed on the page https://business.google.com/b/105749735799845481263/dashboard/l/09230266498696123546?hl=en-GB

is correct but when I go to the edit option on the page I go to the contact info option and 2 phone numbers are listed.

The phone number 0416204641 is no longer required and when I click on the small x to remove it, it disappears. However once I click save the number reappears.

Is this normal, if not why is it coming back onto the page.

The only number required is 0403354568.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cant remove an old phone number from my listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  @Ron B

I get with your page just one number and its  +61 403 354 568 shown up 

Where or how do you get shown up to the public the other mentioned number?

Searching you with Google I also get just +61 403 354 568 shown up 

Screenshot 2016-05-18 at 15.41.25.png

The only source I can imagine you refer to is this link in MapMaker as it shows two numbers.

But who will search you via MapMaker???

Re: Cant remove an old phone number from my listing

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ron,

As I look though the history of the GMB listing, it seems that Google is scraping this information probably from other sources around the net due to NAP issues that should be cleaned up.

When searching the 4641 number i'm seeing it on Facebook, a couple Directories and a also a .pdf of the website on a faq page. This could be causing issues.

If editing it in the dash (after cleaning up this information) is still giving you issues, Try calling GMB support to see if they can give it that push and get it removed.

Hope this helps,

Lyndsey