My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot set marker location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

BTS

plus.google.com/103773096789020780756

Attempting to complete my profile. After entering my business address, I click "yes" to "I provide goods and services to my customers at their location". I have attempted to enter a 25 mile radius, but cannot save the info (it says "enter an address and marker that specify the same place" in red). I attempt to go back and set the marker location, but even after doing so, continue to get the same error message. I have also tried to enter several zip codes of the areas that I service, but end up with the same error message and cannot save. Please advise asap. Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot set marker location

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Roger S

Hello Roger,

I have checked you business and its Verified & Live on Maps however it seems you are trying to change your business to a Service Area and hide your address as you also provide services to customers at their location and while doing it you are getting the error.

Zip Error Address.JPG

Please update your address as shown in the Screenshot and the issue will be fixed.

Address for you.JPG

Please reply to this thread in case you face any further issues or errors.

Thank you

Regards

Tahir Mirza

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Roger S

for me the answer Tahir gave you is not good to solve your  problem.

(Note: I'm happy if mistaken and you solve your problem following him - but I doubt you can't solve it this way)

My findings:

I run into the same issue as you @Roger S and got the same errror message you got.

and the linked help page explains us  why this happens.

There is obviously an address discrepancy for the entered address "806 S 7th St, Sugar Loaf Township, IL 62240" with the marker location.

What discrepancy I was  able to figure out:  

Searching in GMaps or MapMaker for this we don't get the addres as address of Sugar loaf township but of "806 South 7th Street, East Carondelet".'

I'm sure this is the core of the matter.

To get the proof I'm guessing right or not I just  repeated my test in mhy onwb  dashboard  using instead of  "806 S 7th St, Sugar Loaf Township, IL 62240" the GMaps-known address "806 South 7th Street, East Carondelet" and itv works like a sharm.

Therefore my recommendation to @Roger S:

repeat all your doing using  "806 South 7th Street, East Carondelet" and  you will be fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tahir,
Thaks for your reply - we have tried this. It accepts the marker location pin that we place, but then when I go back to the previous screen to save, I end up in the same loop "enter address and marker etc."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,
Thanks for replying. I think you're on to something, but not sure how to change the "sugar loaf township" part. This city is incorrect, and not something we've added. It must populate from somewhere - maybe zip code? Just to see if it would work, we've tried to change the address TO sugar load township, and match everything else (S not South, So. or S. etc.), but still no success. Any ideas?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kathrine,

I have reported this issue on Maps as updating the address has not helped you.

Report.JPG

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for looking into this appreciated.

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Kathrine B

I did reply on the issue of @Roger S

Are you from the same party?

if so where are the problems to change the name of the town from "Sugar..." to "East Carondelet"?

If not and you are from any other party and having issues with any other business listing as @Roger S is talking about please do as Tahir asked you: start a separate thread.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,
Sorry for confusion - yes, same company, but I don't have access to the other account from here.
On our google+ page (https://plus.google.com/103773096789020780756/about) it has the Sugar Loaf Township bit, but that's not what we've entered. When we scroll down and click "edit details" it just goes to a regular google map - no option to change details from there.
We can, however, edit the My Business account - although we've tried to change it about a 100 times over the past 24 hours to get it to accept and save, so perhaps this is not accurate right now!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tahir - we'll give it a little time to update and see if this fixes it. If not, we'll get back to you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roger S
July 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@Kathrine B @Roger S

Hello Kathrine,

I have created a test account with your business details an I have been able to create it successfully & selected 25 Miles Service Area. I have created the Page as Service Area only however I have been able to change it to Storefront & SAB Both.

Google+ Test Page

Check screenshots for reference.

001t.JPG002t.JPG003t.JPG

I have followed the same procedure which I suggested Roger.

Check if it helps.

Regards

Tahir Mirza