My Business
6K members online now
6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot "Add a unique business introduction"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I added a Brand Page to my Google Plus business page. . . I am trying to enter all of the fields to complete the profile but it is not very intuitive (ie to enter a tagline, you have to know to click the Lets Go button across the top of the page).

In the cover photo area, under the name of the Brand Page, it says "Add a unique business introduction". . . when I click on it, it just takes me to my Google+ page where I am viewing it as "Yourself." But there is no place to "Add the unique business introduction. Where do I do this? It is not in the edit profile section, it is not available when I click the sentence "Add a unique. . ." 

About to pull my hair out here. Thanks in advance!

Jon

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan A
December 2015

Re: Cannot "Add a unique business introduction"

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Jonathan A

Believe now understanding your issue and am able to somehow replicate it.

I think the source of the issue and reason of the confusion is your forth step described by you as "4) Once I entered the basic information, I could see that under the Title, next to my circular pic, there is an instruction (it's clickable) to Add a Unique Business Introduction".

I get this instruction "Add a unique business introduction" to and its clickable - and it  seems to be a  mislinkage but it isn't!!!

Here my page in step 4:Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.27.34.png

the next after clicking the link "Add a unique business introduction"

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.28.53.png

and now scrolling down the latter page view a little bit:

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.29.52.png

Clicking in the card "Story" the lower link "Edit"  I then get the option to type any stuff in:

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.39.56.png

After saving the entered stuff and refreshing the original page view it doesn't show any more the above text "Add a unique business introduction" but shows instead the entered introduction text ".. to  test the functionality of GMB and their brand pages"

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.43.27.png

Please try getting the same options on your end

Regards

ehg

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jon

I'm bit lost reading your posting

How did you "add a Brand Page to your Google Plus business page" ?

Brand pages and local pages are all together business pages
Please describe exactly the steps you applied "add a Brand Page to your Google Plus business page"?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

From my main Google My Business page (where I can now see my 2 Brand pages that I created), I clicked the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner, then I clicked the "Add a Brand Page" option. From there, I filled in the appropriate information. At least I tried to. I will try to put some screen shots (in order) and will put my pointer where my question is.  EDIT: Sadly, I am unable to insert photos using the editor button labled Photos above. . . I upload it, select it, and insert it, but get an HTML error when I try to post.  Eesh.

1) From here I clicked the Add a Brand page on the left:

Will not let me insert pix

2) I typed in Stress Professionals, the URL and Other as the type of page (its a service):

3) I entered my phone number, and filled out the verification code:

4) Once I entered the basic information, I could see that under the Title, next to my circular pic, there is an instruction (it's clickable) to Add a Unique Business Introduction. But when I click it, it takes me to the screen below this one (this pic just below this line is where you see the Enter a Unique. . . )

5) When I click the above Add a unique. . link, it just takes me here (there is no field below the screen that tells me where to enter the Unique Business Intro):

6) When I hit the Red Lets Go button for new Google+, it takes me here (the red circle with a pencil (bottom rt of below pic) just gives me a place to do a post:

7) When I hit the white Edit Profile button, it takes me here (which is where I was to type in the Title and Tag line--I thought it would be here that I'd have a field to enter the Unique Business Intro)--:

8) Clicking the Blue Manage Page button above takes me back here--where I started. . . where it asks me for to Enter a Unique Business Introduction.

I have tried the Classic Google+ format, the new format, I have tried clicking Profile from the left margin menu, etc. It all leads in circles. . . Where do I actually enter the Unique Business Introduction that looks like it will go just beneath the Large Title line next to the circular picture of me?

I know this was more than you asked, but I figured I'd get the pix in order of what I've done to see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Jon

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jonathan A

regarding the ability to provide screen captures or photos here the forum is a crap.

But you should always be able to upload any  photos to an public image hosting site and link each photo here then.

Reading oyur text I'm still not able to understand or replicate it.

I can always add  a new brand through business.google.com/manage/?hl=en#/pag+ es and the clicking at the right side the blue big dot with a + inside

Doing it this manner they do not ask or hint me to "Add a unique business introduction"

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'll try adding links. . .I'll cut/paste my previous post, then paste in the links to the pix. But here is the layout of what I have: Gatehealing.com has a Google My Business account and is Verified. I also have Stressprofessionals.com at the same location, so I created a Brand Page (see pix). I cannot verify that one bc it is at the same address, so brand page is what I was told to do by google chat staff.

Here's my last post with image links:

From my main Google My Business page (where I can now see my 2 Brand pages that I created), I clicked the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner, then I clicked the "Add a Brand Page" option. From there, I filled in the appropriate information. At least I tried to. I will try to put some screen shots (in order) and will put my pointer where my question is.  Links to pix now working.

1) From here I clicked the Add a Brand page on the left:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.20.29%20PM_z...

2) I typed in Stress Professionals, the URL and Other as the type of page (its a service):

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.20.39%20PM_z...

3) I entered my phone number, and filled out the verification code:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.21.14%20PM_z...

4) Once I entered the basic information, I could see that under the Title, next to my circular pic, there is an instruction (it's clickable) to Add a Unique Business Introduction. But when I click it, it takes me to the screen below this one (this pic just below this line is where you see the Enter a Unique. . . )

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.26.07%20PM_z...

5) When I click the above Add a unique. . link, it just takes me here (there is no field below the screen that tells me where to enter the Unique Business Intro):

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.31.35%20PM_z...

6) When I hit the Red Lets Go button for new Google+ (in pic above), it takes me here (the red circle with a pencil (bottom rt of below pic) just gives me a place to do a post:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.35.30%20PM_z...

7) When I hit the white Edit Profile button, it takes me here (which is where I was to type in the Title and Tag line--I thought it would be here that I'd have a field to enter the Unique Business Intro)--:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.26.33%20PM_z...

8) Clicking the Blue Manage Page button above takes me back here--where I started. . . where it asks me for to Enter a Unique Business Introduction.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/Gatehealing/Screen%20Shot%202015-12-18%20at%2012.26.07%20PM_z...

I have tried the Classic Google+ format, the new format, I have tried clicking Profile from the left margin menu, etc. It all leads in circles. . . Where do I actually enter the Unique Business Introduction that looks like it will go just beneath the Large Title line next to the circular picture of me?

I know this was more than you asked, but I figured I'd get the pix in order of what I've done to see if that helps.

Thanks again.

Jon

PS Google should really make putting photos in work better--surely it's not for lack of technical support?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
it's to late in Germany - so be patient please for at least 16 hours from now on - as I am also in duty until Saturday afternoon for other reasons.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No problem, take your time. I'll be filling in other details in the meantime.

Thanks again,

J

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jonathan A
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Jonathan A

Believe now understanding your issue and am able to somehow replicate it.

I think the source of the issue and reason of the confusion is your forth step described by you as "4) Once I entered the basic information, I could see that under the Title, next to my circular pic, there is an instruction (it's clickable) to Add a Unique Business Introduction".

I get this instruction "Add a unique business introduction" to and its clickable - and it  seems to be a  mislinkage but it isn't!!!

Here my page in step 4:Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.27.34.png

the next after clicking the link "Add a unique business introduction"

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.28.53.png

and now scrolling down the latter page view a little bit:

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.29.52.png

Clicking in the card "Story" the lower link "Edit"  I then get the option to type any stuff in:

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.39.56.png

After saving the entered stuff and refreshing the original page view it doesn't show any more the above text "Add a unique business introduction" but shows instead the entered introduction text ".. to  test the functionality of GMB and their brand pages"

Screenshot 2015-12-19 at 15.43.27.png

Please try getting the same options on your end

Regards

ehg

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

AH!!!! I see the problem that Google needs to fix: When I click that Add a Unique. . . link, it goes to the Post tab, but the Story box you are talking about is under the About tab (this could be that I'm in Private Browsing though--but I still think they could just make the link go to the correct tab).

Thank you for your help!!! I was going absolutely nuts over here!

Happy Holidays!

Jon

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I'm afraid but I can't replicate getting the post tab instead of the about tab if clicking "that Add a unique. . . link"

I always get the about tab.

But I am using for my test the classic version of G+ - I'm not sure but perhaps this makes the differences?

You btw and instead of clicking the bloody "Add a unique. . . link" can use the red button "Edit" and should get the same view as with the about tab of the page according my screenshot.