My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot log into Google My Business to Edit or Read / Respond to Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not been able to log into Google My Business (or Google+) with the email address I have on the account. I know it's on the account because I receive notifications to that address when someone leaves a review on the Google My Business page.

The message I get is "We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please contact your domain administrator for access." Our email is domain-based but administered through Gmail. We have no issue in accessing Gmail.

In the past we WERE able to log into Google+ with the same email address but this no longer works.

Suggestions?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laura O
July

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Google seperated G+ and GmB a few months ago.

I would try to claim the GmB listing into a new email account:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en-GB

They will try to contact the old gmail account you receive notifications to I expect. If they get no reply then they will transfer the listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh my goodness this worked. THANK YOU x 100000000000. I really appreciate the help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I entered my business on Google Search there was no information as to Google my business. But I am so glad for your emails. Thanks. Michele S 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Michele S

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I'm blocking now this very old thread for new replies