My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot find business on Google Maps or on Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot find my business on maps or search, even though I have verified my location. Also, edits have been pending on my page for quite some time now (at least a month).

I tried fill out the form to get Google to call me, however I keep encountering an error when I finish filling out the form, and the chat is always closed.

Can someone please help me.

My business is Trace Line Location Ltd.

Address is : 51 Bannerman Close Red Deer Alberta T4R 0L8

Phone: 403-877-6401

Google + URL: google.com/+TracelinelocationCa

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Cannot find business on Google Maps or on Google Search

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi

Question: What radius have you set your service area at ?

More then 40 miles dilutes the signals.

Can you also add into your description about being a land surveyor . You don't have a connected website, so all google can go on is your description, which does not include anything about your searchable service.

Change these >> save them and lets check back tomorrow.

Also you can request a call back from business support >> https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

That bar up top saying 'pending edits' is what's holding you up... your page won't start showing after verification until that clears up. Sometimes there's a specific field that's causing problems... if you hit the 'edit' button on your listing, does it point you towards anything specific that's wrong? 

A lot of times there's extra levels of verification that go on under the hood too, and your lack of a website could be part of why it's taking a while. A website is a major source of trust, and while you definitely don't need one to have a business listing, not having one could still be what's holding you up. Nothing else jumped out at me at least that might be causing any issues. 

If you're having trouble getting a callback here for whatever reason, you can also hit up @googlesmallbiz on twitter, they're often more consistently helpful than phone support anyway. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi

Question: What radius have you set your service area at ?

More then 40 miles dilutes the signals.

Can you also add into your description about being a land surveyor . You don't have a connected website, so all google can go on is your description, which does not include anything about your searchable service.

Change these >> save them and lets check back tomorrow.

Also you can request a call back from business support >> https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have a website. I added it before it went live without knowing that would mess it up. I have since removed it. However it's live as of now, it's a perfectly fine working website. Now I can't add it back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I went and checked the "I also serve customers at my business address" however.. this isn't really true. We are a service company.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Your settings for who you serve and where were correct before if you're a service area business, I'm not sure why someone recommended you to change that setting to display your full address. Definitely change that setting back, and follow Tim Capper's advice of keeping your service area under 40 mile radius. 

My guess like I said, is your not having your website listed meant there was less for Google to look at to decide how much to trust your business entry. You're correct that changing that before your postcard arrives can invalidate the postcard, but now that you have it you should be able to add the website. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to add it, strange. Sounds like you should just request a callback from support or contact @googlesmallbiz on twitter at this point and see if they can help you get it straightened out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am having the same exact issue as Lauren D. I cannot find my business on maps or search, even though I have also verified my location. Same with Lauren's page, I have edits that have been pending on my page for awhile.

I tried to also fill out multiple forms to report problems and have Google call me, but no answer. Also, I just called the call center and they said Google doesn't have technical support and directed me here.

Can someone please help me too?

My business is IRL Escape LLC
Address is : 7732 West 78th Street Bloomington, MN 55439
Phone: Cell-952-454-4699, Google Voice Work-612-562-9712
Google my business: https://business.google.com/b/109086321884071203045/dashboard/l/11164344302638490670

PLEASE HELP. We launch in a week and are in trouble if nobody can find us to book.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Anthony U

Your business page is NOT verified.

https://plus.google.com/109086321884071203045/about

Please go to your dashboard >> https://business.google.com/manage/

Manage Location >> There should be a banner in Red telling you this is not verified

Like this example:

Ozo System Cleaning Services   Dashboard.pngUnverified Business Page Example

Select to Verify.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

I believe it is verified. There is a green check mark that says verified
next to our name, not the previously mentioned red mark.

[image: Inline image 1]