My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot find barber business when searching for barbers in the area

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am trying to help a friend that owns this business:

When search for "barbers" in the area where he is, his shop does not show up on google maps, although other do. As you can see his business is corectly marked as "Barber Shop". Here is the kind of shop I am refering to:

The business shows up if you search Keswick Barbers, but who will ever do that , right ? Any ideas why this happens ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks !
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author unnume A
July

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

On the listing you show it is asking to adda phone no and website.

Which suggests its a listing mde by Google from data out on the web rather than a Google my Business entry.

The guidelines.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en-GB

By making a GmB entry then you 'claim' the entry Google is making from other data. It still uses other data as well. So you need to find that other data and make sure it agrees with your own GmB listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see. Honestly I am a web developer but I never had to deal with google map listings of any kind, didn't know google knows to create listing out of thin air like that.

I will add the information, also I will try and see if I can help the owner claim his business.

Looking at it a little better, the map position is not even right, which further suggest that you are correct, google probably figured out this business exists, but didn't get it quite right ( still impressive though ).

Thanks for the answer sir !