My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot enter address 'Country'

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Total Lockout (Safety) Ltd

Braintree, Essex

07792 471330

No idea what my Google+ URL is...

When trying to edit my Business Locations, there is an error message against one location. The status is 'Errors'.

I click the 'resolve errors' link to find 'Primary category not set'. However I am unable to set a primary category due to the message 'Choose a country before selecting categories'.

So I click on the 'address' link, only to find the 'Country' field dis-enabled.

How should I proceed?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannot enter address 'Country'

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tim H

I suppose you are trying to create a business page through GoogleMyBusiness for your business - do you?

Or are you instead  trying to claim the existent (verified) GMB listing "Total Lockout (Safety) Ltd" at "Unit 10 Warners Drive, Springwood Industrial Estate, Braintree CM7 2YW"

Can you at first enlighten me please what you are trying to achieve?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Could he be using the List View in Dashboard and not Card View ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
maybe - but still not sure what "Tim H" is trying to achieve.
Lets please wait on more info or explanation provided by "Tim H"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem.

In my case I wanted to merge two G+ pages together , or rather "link" them. There was a technical reason I was unable to link them, which I've covered elsewhere. So I somehow made my old Google+ page a Local Business page as well. Now both are in my dashboard list of "Locations".

Anyway, I am ready to delete the newer Local Business page because I have more followers and posts on my original G+ Business page, and I have two business reviews from customers too.

However my old G+ Business page doesn't show in Google search results - the newer Local page does!

I thought I would try to solve this by updating my address, as it shows in "Locations" as having errors.

When I try to resolve the errors, it asks me to update my address. The country field is missing - the field label is there, but no box to write into:

Untitled-3.png

When I look at the Locations list in "card view", clicking "Manage Location" takes me to the following page, where I can try to enter my address in a *subtly different way* as follows:

Screenshot 2016-06-17 02.52.48.png

But this time the country text box is present but GREYED OUT, see below. When I hover it tells me I need to create a new page

Screenshot 2016-06-17 02.55.22.png

Needless to say, creating a new page defeats the object. I've had this G+ Business page since G+ Business was launched, whilst I've not exactly invested hugely in growing it, I also don't want to lose the history.

Please help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi

Two business pages cannot be merged.

The only option is to delete one, then ask business support to mark it as Moved to the 2nd one. Users will then get redirected to the singular one.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership