My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot edit "About your Business"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to unclick the box beside 

I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't ticked.)

then click APPLY and it keeps coming up with Enter an address and marker that specify the same place. the market is on the exact location as I am not changing the address. it won't accept the change. why?? I have tried chrome & explorer to see if its a issue that way. I am getting very frustrated. Help please!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

hi Heather

This error message is a known issue and has been escalated to Google for assistance. We'll keep you posted on updates as we get them.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Heather

Just to help Google troubleshoot - are you located in Canada?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, Alberta to be exact. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Ok thanks. 

Google is definitely on to this - so far it looks to be something with Canadian locations but I'll let you know more as I hear it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This issue should now be fixed. Can you try adding your address again and confirm that it is working for you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much. It is working properly now. Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am having the same problem. I am not located in Canada though, I am in the Isle of Man.. any suggestions?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Damian B

as far as I know you are unfortunately not located in the UK as the Isle of Man and the channel Islands (Guernsey & Jersey ) will considered as property of the crown "only" rather then as integral part of the UK.

Because of this GoogleMyBusiness doesn't support this territory yet (I know this is kind of ridiculous - but its the actual situation and fact)

You are not the first user here complaining about this 

See also this older thread:

"Re: Cannot verify business, multiple listings for the same business" and my answer over there.

Re: Cannot edit "About your Business"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I bought a home in a new development in Hampstead, MD but only the model home is on google maps.  When I add my address, it defaults to the model home, no matter how many times I try to move the pin and enter my address.

Any thoughts?  I run my business from my home.  Thank you.